Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Normal Service Resumed

Trying to get back into the swing of things. I think it's a bit late for a Sziget summary so you'll just have to go back and read the individual posts. I think it suffice to say it was one of the best Szigets in recent years. Even after the hardcore 8 days I went (in the evening while working during the day) I felt that I could go more. It was that enjoyable.

Read moreUnfortunately, I did carry on with a couple of extra nights straight after it, including an extensive kert krawl. Which only compounded my Sziget flu; the streaming cold and sore throat a person gets every year after the festival.

To make matters even worse I've been injected with all sorts of extra diseases including (but not limited to) yellow fever. But don't worry, I'm not partaking in some strange new extreme sport where I push my body as close to collapse as possible (although sometimes it feels like it). I'm just preparing for a trip, which will of course also be documented here, though I may have to update the name of the blog for a bit.

Until then, I'll carry on posting normal Hungary-ish topics as I can.

1 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell them about the Sziget bogies. For days after the festival ones nose yields a rich seam of coal of the sort that can only be extracted by persistent mining.

In the event of succumbing to the Sziget Flu, these blackest of crustaceans will be dislodged by a free flowing tide of liquid mucus. The result is akin to passing a bowl of muesli through ones nasal cavity.

Oddly enough, it all seems worth it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home