Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Before I Go

A quick post of odds and sods and pics carrying on the Christmas theme.

Read moreThe ice rinks are up. I can't vouch for them all but I'm sure the huge one Varos Liget is running (and probably has been since the beginning of November). There's also a fairly decent looking one on the roof of the Westend mall which I glimpsed last weekend.

Plus, while wandering through the streets one night I saw what looked like the beginning of an ice rink outside the parliament. I think the rink outside parliament is free for kids. Maybe.


The opera house had a huge TV screen on its main balcony last night. Though strangely it wasn't there this morning. Either they only put it up when it's dark, or someone's got themselves a huge present under the tree this year.








Oh, and of course the lights have been up in Budapest for a couple of weeks now. Each district trying to out-do the other. The illuminations on Andrassy ut look good.

Back to home

3 Comments:

At 11:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hows about providing a little more content/text before dropping the much abused 'Read More' link on us?

-Varangy

 
At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Varangy. It seems you wasted a little bit of his time, Timbo.

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Timbo said...

Well, I thought that as it was a special 2-post day, I didn't want people to miss the earlier entry.

I'll try to round out the post-teaser with a fuller body.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home