Thursday, July 07, 2005

7/7 Jumpiness

Well with all the happenings in London my eyes were scanning for news updates most of today. No posts and a bit of an unproductive day at the office.

Read moreStrangely, blogs helped me keep up-to-date with the news coming in. Apart from the BBC and Sky my main sources of info were the Guardian News Blog and a pool of photos on flickr.

It seems that, understandably, everyone's a bit jumpy now. Turns out they closed several shopping malls in Budapest after a bomb scare and on my way home a load of fire engines piled into the area around the basilica (pictures below).







Hopefully the full details of the day will become clear, everyone will know where they stand and things can calm down a bit. Of course it's completely crap for the people that were really effected but on the other side of things, with packed commuter trains, it could have been a lot worse. I hope that when I wake up in the morning it isn't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home