Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Cuppas and Glassas?

I'm definitely an Englishman abroad when it comes to my morning rituals. Breakfast isn't breakfast without a cuppa. And by cuppa, I mean a nice cup of tea.

A dash of milk. No sugar and definitely no lemon. Recently though, my days have been dragging and I feel the need for a pick-me-up in the afternoon.

Read moreOf course, while a nip of Unicum would probably help digest the latest plate of NetPincer nosh, I fear it wouldn't go down to well in the office. Instead I've gone back to the post-dinner coffee. A important difference to my Hungarian style coffee to the one's back home is that i) it's coffee and ii) it's in a glass. With a glass, there's more than just the taste and the smell, it's able to stimulate another sense by looking dark and mysterious.

I've got nothing against coffee cups but sipping from a glass just takes me back to afternoons discussing ridiculous get-rich-quick schemes in Szimpla where of course, it's always in a glass and sometimes enhanced by a side-biscuit. Perhaps I should put in a purchase order for some of those too.

2 Comments:

At 6:14 PM, Blogger Timbo said...

Hello there!

I've only been using Flickr to get the photos onto the blog. So not too many other pics there (I think).

Here's the Flickr link.

T

 
At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, you can get a decent cup of coffee in England, if you're prepared to pay the equivalent of a good night out in Budapest. The point is in Budapest you're more or less guaranteed a good cup of coffee anywhere and it won't cost you the Earth.

Also it comes in a glass.

Finding appropriately sized coffee is also a problem in England. If you want small you can have an espresso. Otherwise it comes in a bucket and it's scalding.

No, I maintain that the coffee is shit in England. Nevertheless, I'm happy to accept your invitation to Brighton.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home