Thursday, February 08, 2007

Tags

Unfortunately, I'm not writing about the tag labels that categorise blog posts and news stories. Some little git (I find it hard to believe it was done by anyone over the age of 6 9 13 17) has tagged our building with crappy graffiti scrawl.

I'd still be annoyed if it was the decent, creative and colourful art that adorns a lot of underpasses but this is an especially unimaginative, untalented 5 second spray that stands out a mile on the blank yellow canvas that is our house.


Read more


Worse still, now that we've been tagged the likelihood of it happening again has greatly increased. If the offending mark is painted over, it challenges the original ratboy (or ratgirl) to do it again. They've marked their territory and they have to reclaim it. On the other hand, if we leave it there, it's a sign to other taggers to go ahead and try to outdo each other with bigger and better aerosol autographs.

I can't help thinking that it has something to do with the renovated park close by and the increase in skateboarding activity. Oh and they love those flat wooden benches to catch a bit of air and end in a slide (slides being different from grinds). Won't be long before the seats are just a table of splinters.

I sound like a mean, old man, I know. To be honest, I have nothing against the skaterrats in the park. They seem reasonably well behaved and don't really get in the way or make people feel threatened. But I hope they stick to the skateboards and leave the scrawl alone.


Back to home


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home