Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Filming in Budapest (II)

I've written before about filming in Budapest and I don't think the horse has quite expired so I'm going to flog it some more.

Read moreFirst off, I spotted them filming again on the corner of Nagymezõ and Király. They were shooting a rainy scene with water being pumped into the air around a car on the pavement. I wonder if they had been waiting for the real rain to stop falling before they could get the shot.

Recently, I also saw a music video being filmed next to the opera. There was a small crew working with two sultry actors but the majority of the people were enjoying breakfast (or perhaps lunch) at the impromptu cafe that has spilt out of the crew buses onto the pavement.

I'll have to keep my eye on VIVA (the Hungarian equivalent of MTV) to see who it really was.

Speaking of MTV, I switched over to the channel the other day and watched a new Chemical Brothers video. I realised The Boxer was shot in Budapest. It cuts through the scenes quite smartish so I'm ashamed to say that I can't quite place the places but it's definitely in Hungary.

You can watch the video for yourself off the net. Choose either the Windows Media Player clip or the Real Media clip.

To finish off this old nag, here's a quick link to an ex-Bp-er's guide to films shot in places pretending to be somewhere else.

1 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a very nice video, although the pleasure comes in no small part from recognising bits of Budapest. I'd hazard that some of it is shot in the region of Rakoczi utca, but as you say, it's rather too fast to identify anything.

I'd be interested to know who made it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home