Thursday, June 02, 2005

Odd Phone Photos

I think I'm one of the few people that actually uses the camera on their phone on a regular basis. The only trouble is that the frequency that I download the pictures is, well, infrequent. Here's a selection from the last few days showing what's happening on the streets I plod over.

 Quick pic from the phone when the real camera ran out of juice. May 1st holiday and the tunnel under the Buda castle was turned into one long beer swilling pub. Later turning into one long banging dance club in the evening.
    More phone photos


A carpet of flowers appeared one day outside St. Stephen's Bazilika. Different sections from different regions of Hungary. No idea why. 



 Vorosmarty ter with it's face ripped off. This was the big glass building housing all the fancy media companies. Now being "remodeled" to not be such an ugly duckling.


Kid's day in Hungary and local Erzsebet ter sets up a stage for concerts. I forgot to take picks of the beer tents that also took root to quench parent's thirst in the 35C heat. 



 Every now and then there's a weird car in Budapest. I don't know where they come from but it's good to know there are some eccentric people with money out there to spend on these odd things.


Hey Doctor, isn't that your sofa on the street? It's in your area but I think you're safe. But then again ... 



 Again around the big God house. I was waiting to meet the lovely lady when I noticed a hundred or so kids from the choir.


Book fair in the square. No good travel books though. Travel, that's what I want. 



 Incredibly impressive breakdancing going down at Jaszai Mari ter underpass. At first they just looked like spotty kids with loud music. Then all of a sudden, some guy span on his head for a few minutes. Then stopped but stayed balanced on his head. Absolutely mad.


3 Comments:

At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Christ... I think that is our sofa...

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Timbo said...

I did think about sending it to you saying that I saw it on the corner of O and Hajos, but that might have backfired with you calling your agency.

In truth, it looked like it was about to be loaded onto a lorry on the korut.

I think you can relax.

 
At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why should I relax if our sofa is being loaded onto the back of a lorry on the korut? This is outrageous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home