Friday, May 13, 2005

Xbox Unboxed

Looks like the Xbox 360 aka the Xbox2 is finally here. Well, the specs anyway. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great, but I was hoping for a full-on game console cum entertainment centre cum vcr/pvr/tivo thingie.

 Read more


I like the playing of games but for me the real hook is the idea of streaming music or video using an easy-to-use on-screen (or maybe non-screen) display.

I'd also like to be able to record stuff off the tv / radio / net-broadcast. 2 out of 3 'aint bad and maybe the recording functionality is in there somewhere. Perhaps saving chunks to the small hard disk and then uploading (or streaming) it back to a PC.

I wonder if it's able to handle gathering / playing content from more than one PC. Might be nice.

Now waiting to see what Sony brings out for the PlayStation 3. Seeing as they've already got that pvr stuff in that weird (now defunct?) PSX, they should be able to squish it into a PS3 no problem.

Back to home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home